What do you do when you have guest for dinner? Do you make the entire meal or do you ask them bring something?
It varies for me. Sometimes I like to do the entire thing, and sometimes the guests contribute. That way we share the cost and preparations to ease the event for the hostess.
I love that our friends enjoy contributing to that kind of dinner. It sure makes it easier, and they know that when it is their turn to host, we all bring something in return as well.
My cousin Doris brought this delicious cheesecake for dessert that I just had to share with you! Next time you are asked to bring dessert somewhere, consider this Apple Crisp Cheesecake. Mmm,so good! Thanks Doris.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pat the dough on bottom and 1" up the sides of a 9" spring form pan.
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 2-8 oz / 250g packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add 1 egg at a time beating after each egg addition.
- Add vanilla beat again mixing well.
- Spread over crust.
- 4 cups sliced apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Layer the raw apples over the cream cheese filling.
- Combine ingredients until crumbly and sprinkle over apples.
- Place the spring form pan on a parchment lined cookie sheet for easy clean up. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 300 and continue baking 1 hour longer or until golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.