Summer fruit is still months away but those tiny baskets of berries and a few kiwi can go a long way to remind us that summer is on it's way.
- Roll out pastry and fit into a tart pan with a bottom that can be removed.
- Place heavy foil firmly against the pastry to keep it from shrinking.
- Bake in a 375 F preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until pastry is just beginning to brown. Carefully remove foil and continue to bake until the pastry is golden brown.
- Cook on wire rack.
Cream Custard Filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine cornstarch and sugar in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add egg yolks and egg and whisk with a small amount of milk to make a smooth paste.
- Add remaining milk and heat in microwave one minute at a time, stirring in between each minute until the mixture is thickened and just beginning to boil.
- Add vanilla, place plastic wrap on surface of cream filling and refrigerate.
Assembling the tart
- Spread cooled filling evenly over tart shell.
- Arrange any fruit of your choice over custard.
- Drizzle glaze over fruit and refrigerate until serving.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup white grape or white cranberry juice
- Combine sugar and cornstarch, add juice and heat in microwave until thickened.
- Add additional juice as necessary to make a pourable glaze. It will thicken as it cools.