This is a recipe I got from my son in law Jason who really cooks without a recipe and always serves up wonderfully flavourful entrees. It is delicious and quick to make, and I came up with a recipe from what he said he thought he had added, and it turned out really good. These can be done on the BBQ or baked in the oven.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup green or red pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp each fresh ground pepper and salt
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slit each chicken breast with a sharp knife making a pocket.
- Stir together feta, cut up tomatoes, basil and peppers.
- Stuff pockets of chicken with feta mixture.
- Brush both sides of each filled chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle with dry spices and salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered in 375º oven for 35 minutes or BBQ for 20 -25 minutes with the lid closed. Internal temperature needs to be 165º.