Today I am thankful for my husband's sister, Anne...who I only got to know when I married into the family. She was the oldest of the siblings...the tiniest...and the bubbliest. She was a wonderful sister-in-law and became a favorite aunt to my children. She was also a very good cook...and I have many recipes in my file in her perfect
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (red onion adds a little colour)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Put chow mein noodles in the bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and spread over the noodles.
- Bake uncovered at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add desired topping. Bake for 10 minutes longer.