Orange and cranberry with a touch of wheat germ for a nutty flavour.
All in a muffin for those cool autumn mornings.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange or peach marmalade
- the zest from one orange
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Combine dry ingredients and chopped pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Beat egg lightly in a small bowl and add orange juice, marmalade, orange zest, oil, milk and dried cranberries.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix only until completely moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling each two thirds full.
- Mix topping and sprinkle about 1/2- 1 teaspoon over each muffin.
- Bake at 400º for about 15 - 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick to be sure they are baked through.
- Remove muffins from pan to a rack.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 12 medium sized muffins.