Years ago my co workers mom brought in a tray of
Christmas baking. This cookie was one of my favourites choices.
For the ones in the photo I used milk chocolate, but try them
with dark chocolate too.
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar well, and then add eggs beating until creamy and smooth.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just to blend.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- Shape heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and roll in icing sugar. Place at least 1 1/2" apart on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350º for 12 minutes or until tops are puffed and cracked. Do not over bake!
Here is her comment. " Hey! My mom called and told me that today's show was awesome and that the Hazelnut log looked amazing. Would love to win a cookbook to try all the delicious delights!"
JennGrif Congratulations!! We will send the book out to you as soon as you email one of us with your address. .from the email address you provided.