This is a wonderful way to use up leftover chicken. I can assure you there will be no leftovers with this one!
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast or leftover roasted chicken
- 1 284 ml can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 284 ml can (10 oz) cream of celery soup
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons undrained green chilies, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 plain tortillas (9") cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cups Tex Mex cheese or your choice of cheese
- In a large frying pan or wok saute celery and peppers in oil until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken, soups, tomatoes, green chilies and chili powder.
- Line bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan with half of the tortilla strips.
- Top with half of the chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat these layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with a salad.