This jello salad can replace the cranberry sauce that goes with your turkey. It does not run all over your plate like some jello salads do and adds appealing flavor with the apple tidbits and walnuts.
1 can (14 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 large (6 oz) pkg cranberry Jello
2 cups boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 diced Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple
1 - 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 small (3 oz) pkg cranberry Jello (optional)
- Empty cranberry sauce into 5 or 6 cup serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water. Stir well. Add cold water.
- Stir dissolved jello into cranberries.
- Add apple, celery and walnuts.
- Refrigerate several hours until firm.
Note: Once jelled, I like to top it off with a thin layer of jello - since the fruit tends to float to the top and stick out slightly. This jello salad layers itself.