In the late '90's my husbands parents were running a guest house in Cape Town South Africa under Sudan Interior Mission. Christmas 1998 we as a family spent a wonderful time there with Dad and Mom. During our holiday we were invited to several of their friends homes for Christmas parties. Mom's friend Jan had made a cheese ball that had us all going back for more.
She had formed it into the shape of a tree and decorated it with little pieces of pimento, peppers and parsley, but as you can see the one I made for tonight is just formed into a ball.
- 1- 8oz container extra sharp cheddar cold pack cheese, room temperature
- 1- 8 oz block cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pineapple
- 1 tbsp green pepper
- 1 tsp grated onion
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- parsley, nuts, pimento for decoration
- Beat together other cheeses until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Shape and garnish to your liking. Serve with assorted crackers.
Each of us is the Inn Keeper who decides if there is room for Jesus.
From my home to yours,