I use this sauce on my yams at Christmas and Thanksgiving.
However you could also use it to dress up a dish of cooked carrots.
- 2 large yams or sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Peel and cut yams into serving size pieces
- Cook in salted water just until tender. Do not overcook or they will fall apart.
- Make orange sauce:
- Melt butter and brown sugar in skillet.
- Mix 1/4 cup orange juice with cornstarch and set aside.
- Add orange juice and rind to pan. Cook and stir until blended and bubbly.
- Add cornstarch mixture and continue to stir until mixture boils again.
- Pour over yams.