This is a easy Crock Pot soup my high school girlfriend Nancy shared with me that is filling and will warm you up.
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (approx 15 ounces) black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (approx 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with jalapenos or green chilies ( choose according to the spice level/heat you prefer)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 or 2 6inch corn tortillas cut into strips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir the salsa, chicken, corn and beans in a 4 quart slow cooker/crock pot.
- Stir the soup, tomatoes, water, cumin together in a separate bowl. Pour over the crock mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Stir in tortilla strips, cheese and cilantro.
- Cover and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with warm tortillas or corn bread!