Your family will think you are baking pizza when they walk in the door to the smell of these savoury muffins. The toppings you would put on top of a pizza crust are chopped up fine and stirred into a batter, then baked in muffin tins.
3/4 cups chopped pepperoni
1/2 cup chopped ham
10 oz can mushrooms, drained and chopped (optional)
1 green or red pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup shredded marble cheese
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp dried chillies
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
- Stir together all filling ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil. Pour this over filling and stir well.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to mixture. Stir to blend well.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes @375º or until lightly browned. Serve hot or cold.
- Store in fridge or freezer. Yields 1 dozen muffins.