I would also like to thank our sponsors...whose links are listed on our sidebar...and who have for some time been helping us to 'feed the hungry' with their donations. One of those sponsors is Lepp Farm Market...a wonderful place to visit if you happen to live in our area. If you don't...their website is also a wonderful place to visit...especially the recipe section! Today's spicy green bean dish is from Charlotte Lepp's collection...one we have enjoyed at our table several times now.
Spicy Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek Asian chili paste (or 2 or 3 teaspoons if you like it hot!)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Steam beans until tender crisp.
- Combine all remaining ingredients for sauce...and heat until sizzling.
- Pour sauce over the beans and serve.
- These also make a great finger food appetizer.