- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Beat together butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Alternately add flours and pumpkin and beat well.
- Add oatmeal, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and beat until just blended.
- Lastly mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets and bake at 350º for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove immediately to cooling rack.
Cookies freeze well.