Having several cake mixes and instant pudding packages in the pantry are always a good idea. Fresh, frozen or canned fruit come in handy for a quick filling.
Make sure you have a peek at Lovella's Cool Lime Cake. It has a few more ingredients and steps, but will be worth the effort.
- 1 box white or lemon cake mix
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- 1 pint cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- strawberries, enough to put in the middle layer and some for the top.
- Bake cake according to instructions in 2 round pans or a 9x13.
- Cool cake.
- Make pudding as directed on package using 1/2 cup less milk.
- Whip cream along with sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
- Fold cream and pudding together,
- Slice up strawberries.
- Place one of the round cakes on a cake plate.
- Spread some of the whipped cream mixture on the cake.
- Place a layer of sliced strawberries over the cream and top with the second cake.
- Frost the cake with the remaining cream and pudding mixture, and decorate with strawberries.