Apple Walnut Crisp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups apples - peeled, cored, then sliced or chopped
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, flour, nuts, and butter in large bowl.
- Place half of this crumb mixture into pan and press down.
- Cover this layer evenly with apples.
- Sprinkle the apples with the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!