When your bananas are starting to turn brown this is a great recipe to use them in. You can also freeze over ripe bananas. When you are ready to use them for baking, thaw and mash. This banana bread has a hint of cocoa in it. This loaf freezes well.
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together mashed bananas, sugar, oil, sour cream, and eggs. Beat well.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into a 9"x 5" loaf pan.
- Bake in 325º oven for 1 hour or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack.