I took note of what was in it...and since then we have had a copycat version at home. I'll give you my version...and you can add or take away...and make it your own! I think it was the Riverwalk guacamole in San Antonio that got me hooked on all things lime. Give it a try...you won't be sorry.
Santa Fe Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 6-8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 14 0z. can black beans, drained
- 1 12 oz. can corn kernels, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- tortilla chips...or tortilla strips
Peanut Lime Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2-3 Tablespoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- black pepper
- sea salt
- Prepare the salad dressing. Using a blender, add the mustard, lime juice, olive oil and peanut butter. Blend until emulsified. Season with sea salt and pepper. Then, mix in the lime zest and chopped peanuts.
- Prepare all the salad ingredients.
- Grill chicken breasts (use Cajun seasonings or marinade).
- Let the chicken breasts rest for several minutes and then cut them into smaller strips.
- To serve, assemble the salad on four plates. Start with a bed of greens; sprinkle with beans, corn and red pepper.
- Top each with a grilled chicken breast, 1/2 an avocado, crumbled feta cheese and tortilla chips or strips.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.