This recipe comes from my sister in law.
I need to warn you though, it is not recommended for those watching their diets.
However, they are the first to disappear at a party.
They are very good served as an appetizer or with rice and a salad.
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings or drumettes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Beat eggs with a whisk in a shallow bowl. Put flour in another shallow bowl.
- Heat margarine on until melted in fry pan.
- Dip each wing into egg and then into flour, coating well.
- Fry wings on medium high heat until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove wings to a 9x13 inch baking pan, packing them tightly in one layer.
- Combine sauce ingredients in pot or in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Bring sauce to a boil and simmer only until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour sauce over wings.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour, baste frequently.
- They are done when the chicken meat is tender and the sauce is syrupy.