- 2- 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 TB. lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large tub of cool whip (or equal amounts of whipped cream)
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- or 1 can of blueberry pie filling with a squeeze of fresh lemon to brighten the taste of the pie filling.
- one prepared graham wafer crust, either bought or your favorite recipe. (try chocolate wafers as an alternative, it is very nice also). Press into a 9" spring form pan.
- With a hand mixer beat cream cheese with sugar
- add lemon juice and vanilla
- fold in cool whip until smooth
- fold in frozen blueberries ****
- set in fridge for several hours to set
- if you prefer to use the pie filling, add it on top before serving, (don't forget to freshen the taste with the lemon juice, it really makes a difference).**
We always have to have more berries on top of what ever cheese cake is being served so serve a mix berry sauce on the side, but that is totally optional.
**if you choose to add the pie filling as opposed to the berries folded in Do Not fold in pie filling with the cream cheese.
**** you may choose to omit that if you are using pie filling......or go ahead and use both, but I didn't have blueberries.