This is a quick family meal, especially if you have meatballs in the freezer. If you don’t have any, go here (Apricot Glazed Brunch Meatballs) for a basic meatball recipe. Make the whole meatball recipe and freeze the leftovers for another meal.
- 25 – 30 pre-cooked meatballs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- dash of thyme
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter, saute mushrooms onion and garlic until tender, stirring often.
- Add mushroom soup mixed with milk. Bring to boil. Stir in the sour cream and meatballs. Simmer 10 - 15 minutes, adding thyme near the end. Serve over rice or pasta.
* adapted from a Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup recipe