- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 cup sour milk .. (1 teaspoon white vinegar in a cup of milk). . or 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups of finely chopped rhubarb dusted with a tablespoon of flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Cream the 1/2 cup butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Add 1/3 of the milk. . and repeat until all the flour and milk and butter mixture are combined.
- Add the chopped rhubarb.
- Combine the topping mixture to make coarse crumbs.
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the cake mixture into the pan. . and sprinkle the topping over evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes.