This is one of our family's favorite. Often on Sundays, we have lunch together with our family.
I'm always up, for trying everybody's favorite meals. I love to find meals that I can prepare on Saturdays so that my workload is simple on Sundays.
When those little boys walk in and yell. "Oma I'm Here!" Everything get's dropped and big hugs are in place. So I'm trying to avoid last-minute prep. Makes my life much simpler.
The recipe I'm about to post is from my cousin in Calgary. This weekend I made Judy's delicious bread. And I cooked up her Cream of Cauliflower Soup I don't think this one has found its way into the MGCC Blog.....Check it out. It's a keeper.
Baron of Beef
- Sirloin Tip Roast
- 3-5 pounds
- dry mustard
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- Rub with dry mustard/ onion soup mix
- Put in oven to roast/add some water
- Approximately 21/2 hours. (depending on the size)
- When the meat has cooled, slice it very thin.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worchester sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onions
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- Blend these items together in a small bowl.
- Layer this sauce over the meat.
- Cook for 1 hour in the oven at 350°
Tip: When the roast is finished cooking... I leave it in the roasting pan to cool. Then I take it out to slice thin and put it right back into the roasting pan so that all the juices can be mixed together which gives that added flavor.