The scent of cinnamon baking is one of my favourites. Fall is in the air and I was looking back at some of the recipes I'd posted other years at the beginning of this new season. With school lunches and after school snacks most likely being in high demand I thought Snickerdoodles was a good recipe for today.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl stir together sugar coating ingredients.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and roll in sugar coating, coating all sides.
- Bake in 375ºF oven for 8 minutes. (do not over bake)
- Allow to sit on pans to cool for 1-2 minutes and then remove to cooling rack.
These cookies freeze well.
Yields: 2 1/2 dozen cookies