Green Beans are one of my favourite vegetables, especially when they are fresh.
They pair well with many flavours which makes it fun to cook and serve them.
Here's one more variation for you to try.
- Green beans cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths - about 4 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 a medium onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Montreal Steak spice to taste
- Steam green beans in an inch or so of water until they are tender but still bright green and slightly crunchy. This doesn't take long so watch them closely.
- Drain beans and plunge into ice water.
- Remove from water and set aside.
- In a stir fry pan or large frying pan, saute' onions, peppers and mushrooms until almost tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook until tender. Just a few minutes. Do not overcook the zucchini. It should still have a bite.
- Add green beans, Montreal Steak spice and butter to pan and cook briefly, until just heated through.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6.