We like Italian Sausage so I tried making myself and we really like it. This is delcious for any time of the day, not only for breakfast.
For the sandwich I used -
- Crusty buns, toasted or plain or gluten free
- Eggs, poached or fried
- grainy or dijon mustard
- guacamole, I used half the recipe and made it finer
- Italian sausage patties
For the Sausage you need-
- 2 lbs of lean ground pork or 1 lb ground pork and 1 lb ground Turkey.
- 1 teaspoon of toasted fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper chili flakes (more if you want it spicier)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of red wine or red wine vinegar (optional)
- Toast the fennel seeds in a dry frying pan for a few minutes on medium high heat until you can begine to smell the fragrance.
- Combine the meat with the spices and wine if you are using it. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Shape into desired shape and brown in a hot skillet for 3-4 minutes per side.