- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and mushrooms seasoning with a little salt and pepper, cooking and stirring occasionally until soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and spaghetti, increasing the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, peas and half and half, and cook until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in the lemon zest, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.