She says that chopping the avocado instead of mashing it is the key to the flavour of this Guacamole.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- about 1/2 cup chopped red onion*
- 1-2 Tablespoons lime juice*
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced*
- salt and pepper to taste
- tabasco sauce to taste
- Cut avacados in half, and remove pit with a spoon.
- Before you remove the avocado flesh from the shell, take a knife and cut avocado into a 1/4 inch grid. Then using, a spoon, gently remove the diced avocado from the shell into a bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the tomato and cut it into a 1/4 inch dice.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently mix all ingredients together.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve with multigrain taco chips or crackers.
*How much you use of these ingredients will depend on the size of your avocados and tomato.
Note: I don't add cilantro to my guacomole because my husband and I don't really like it but feel free to add it if it is a favourite of yours.