I made this macaroni coleslaw for a potluck and the bowl came home empty! It is delicious and refreshing for these warm summer days. You can prepare all the ingredients the day before you want to serve it. Then mix coleslaw ingredients with dressing 1/2 hour before serving.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, measured when dry
- 1/2 cup sweet orange bell pepper..you may use red, yellow or green if that's what you have on hand
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half then sliced
- 3/4 cup peas, cooked
- 8 oz of mixed coleslaw..I purchased coleslaw in a package and weighed what I needed.
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Cook the macaroni as per package instructions, drain and rinse with cold water and pour into a large bowl.
- To the macaroni add cut up pepper, celery, cucumber. peas, and coleslaw.
- Prepare dressing. Put all the ingredients in a jar and shake it up well or whisk it together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw mixture and mix together until well combined. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour before serving.
- Serves: approx 6 to 8 depending what else you are serving with it.