Simple and delicious. Chock-full of crunchy veggies and a tangy dressing, this pasta salad is the perfect addition to a picnic or BBQ buffet table. Use your favorite pasta or the kids' favorite...macaroni! I did 'the recipe x five' for a BBQ for 60 a few weeks ago.
- 8 oz. dry pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 3 hard boiled eggs , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta in salted water according to directions on package. Drain and rinse with cold water; cool completely. (Add a little olive oil to pasta before cooling to prevent pieces from sticking together.)
- Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, honey, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to a large mixing bowl along with eggs, red pepper, carrots, celery and onion. Pour dressing over and toss mixture to evenly coat. Serve or store in refrigerator to serve within 24 hours.