- 12 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter and distribute evenly in your 8 inch square baking pan.
- Arrange the blueberries on top of the melted butter spreading evenly over bottom of pan.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of the salt with 1/4 cup of the sugar and sprinkle evenly over the blueberries.
- Melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter.
- Add some of the milk to temper the melted butter and then add the rest of the milk and egg to the butter and beat well.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in the milk and egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls evenly over the blueberries in the pan and spread carefully and evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly then serve with ice cream or whipped cream.