For anyone who loves the peanut butter and honey flavor combination, these bars are a quick snack, easy to make with kids. I had almost a full bag of Multi Grain Cheerios, getting slightly stale and was ready to throw them out, when I decided to use them for squares. Stuck together with yumminess they were good as new.
- 3/4 cup liquid honey or corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Cheerios (regular or what you have)
- butter for a slight greasing of pan
- In a large pot, over low-medium heat, bring honey and sugar to a boil.
- Add peanut butter and butter, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Cheerios.
- Press into prepared 9x9 or 9x13 inch pan.
- Cut into squares as soon as they are cooled off but still slightly soft. Yields 16-20 pieces
Note: Although you can use any kind of cereal, less sweet (such as regular or multi grain. is better. When I used Honey Nut Cheerios I thought they were too sweet. Also, using liquid honey and/or a tad less sugar may not firm them up as well as corn syrup, but they taste just as good.