This is a recipe that takes us back to the 70's. Recently I had good reason to host such a party and it was fun to be reminded of some of the dishes we don't make anymore. If you have not given away your jello mold, why not try it? It's a nice addition to a buffet.
- 3 small pkgs cherry jello
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 apple, chopped fine
- 3/4 cups celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped fine
- Prepare jello mold by wiping the grooves with an oiled paper towel.
- In glass bowl, dissolve jello with hot water, stirring well, before adding cold water.
- Spread apples, celery and nuts around the bottom of the mold.
- Carefully pour in the jello.
- Allow to set overnight.
- When ready to unmold, dip jello mold into hot water for about 10 seconds. Cover with a flat plate and tip over to invert the mold. The Tupperware jello mold has a center part that can be removed first. Do this slowly watching to see if it drops. If not, dip into hot water once more. Serves 10 - 15