This is a great little dessert that you can prepare in the morning and serve it without any fuss.
It's easy, light and fluffy. It adds the perfect touch to any meal, especially now that the warmer weather has advanced upon us.
Pina Colada Cheesecake
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 14 oz can crushed pineapple (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp. rum extract
- 1 cup whip cream
- 1/4 toasted coconut
- 1 1/3 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted.
- Combine graham wafer crumbs and melted butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Grease spring form with butter and prepare wafer crust.
- Soften gelatin in water. Stir over low heat till dissolved.
- Combine cream cheese, and sugar mixing on medium speed with electric mixer till well blended and fluffy.
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid to measure 3/4 cup.
- Add rum extract to reserved liquid.
- Gradually add gelatin and combined rum juice to creamed cheese mixture mixing until blended.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes stirring in between. It should thicken, but not set.
- Whip the cream and fold drained pineapple (1 cup) into mixture.
- Now fold whip cream mixture together with cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over wafer crust and chill until firm.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.