Summer has arrived...Did you say we had four warm days? Nevertheless it's officially summer now and by now the barbecue season should be in full force. I'm going to share with you one of our family's favorite chicken recipes. I always find it interesting how my own kids say, "Mom, why don't you post that honey garlic chicken recipe?" And I'm thinking....that recipe is so old...but we all know that some of those recipe simply take priority on a hot sizzling summer day.
- One whole roasting fresh chicken or
- 4 fresh chicken breasts with skin and bone-in, or back attached.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- Heat butter on low heat, till melted, adding sugar, honey, soya sauce and garlic.
- Bring to a slow boil. Don't over cook because it will caramelize.
- Lay the chicken on the grill on low heat.
- Baste chicken with sauce frequently, until the crust is a light charcoal color.
- Cooking time: (45 minutes for bone-in breasts/ 11/2 hour for rotisserie whole chicken)
- Serve with your favorite salad.
I'm sure by now your mouths are watering. Even if it's not a hot sizzling summer day, you can just pretend that it's hot and hold your umbrella in the rain while you enjoy your favorite chicken dish.