This recipe is a lovely compliment for your Christmas dinner. The citrus brightens the flavor of frozen green beans and gives them a fresh taste.
- 1 kg frozen green beans
- 3 cloves of garlic, slivered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of toasted nuts, chopped (walnuts were my choice)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Roast the green beans and garlic drizzled with olive oil at 425 for about 20 or minutes or until they begin to turn color.
- Toss with the lime zest and juice, add cranberries and toasted walnuts. Serve on a platter.