After our family gathering on Thanksgiving weekend, I, like many of you,
had leftover turkey in the fridge.
Here's what I did with it for supper last night.
- linguini noodles to serve 4
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 a medium sized onion, sliced stem to root
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1/2 a yellow pepper cut into strips
- 1 large clove garlic sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (in oil) drained and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups cut up cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoon butter (I used leftover garlic butter)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese.
- Cook noodles to package directions until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, saute vegetables in olive oil until soft but not browned.
- Add sundried tomatoes and turkey to the vegetables and set aside.
- Make cream sauce by melting butter, blending in flour and then adding milk.
- Cook, stirring often until thickened.
- Add thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add noodles to the saute' pan with the vegetables.
- Pour the cream sauce over the noodles and vegetables and toss to moisten.
- Add grated parmesan cheese (be generous!) and serve.