During the holiday season, we have many occasions to serve appetizers. Here's a tasty number that is simple to prepare and a great addition to the appetizer buffet table.
- 1 package cocktail smoked sausage links (500 g or 1 pound)
- 1 lb bacon, any kind
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, not packed
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Spray 9x13 inch oven-proof pan with cooking oil.
- Open package of bacon and cut the entire slab into thirds.
- Wrap a third of a slice of bacon around each cocktail sausage.
- Place each bacon wrapped sausage in pan, crowding them together to fit in pan.
- Spread brown sugar over entire surface.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, basting with 'drippings' several times to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook until sugar is completely melted and bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove cocktail sausages to serving platter, using toothpicks to serve as appetizers.
We enjoyed these tasty little morsels at our MGCC Christmas party over the weekend...along with so many other wonderful eats and treats.
If you need an idea for a festive way to serve cheese...
...here's a simple one!
We have had a good time getting to know one another these past few years...
but at our Christmas party we realized that we don't know each other all that well after all.
We played a MGCC trivia game...
the object being to find someone in our group (or their spouse)
who could answer to each of the statements.
It took awhile...
and we needed a few clues...
and eventually Kathy came up with all the correct answers.
I'll post the game below...
just in case you wish to get to know us a little better.
1. I once fell into a manure pit. ~ Julie
2. I drove a dump truck short distances for my dad before I started school at age 5. ~ Harv (Bev)
3. I played in a band at Disneyland. ~ Kathy
4. I fear water more than I fear heights. ~Anneliese
5. I rode an Enduro bike with Jake brakes. ~ Marg
6. I coached football. ~ John (Betty)
7. I once had a sea lion come to visit me in my backyard on July 1st…it swam up the drainage ditch. ~ Elmer (Judy)
8. I once kayaked through the Cayes and jungles of Belize for over 2 weeks, camping each night. ~Bev
9. The first job I took was assisting the town drunk hitchhike. He told me that he would get a ride easier if he had kids with him. He paid me a few coins for standing with him. ~Terry (Lovella)
10. I ran a leg with the Olympic torch in the 1984 Olympics. ~Greg (Ellen)
11. I had a blood transfusion at birth. ~ Betty
12. My first car was a 4-door ‘47 Mercury flathead V8 with suicide doors and a honeymoon shifter 3-speed. ~ John (Marg)
13. I weighed in at 13 pounds when I was born. ~Herb (Anneliese)
14. I speak three languages and two dialects fluently. ~Tony (Charlotte)
15. I was attacked by a snowflake eel while snorkeling in Hawaii. ~Judy
16. I skipped the second grade and was always younger than my classmates. ~ Ellen
17. I designed and made the prototype for fiberglass floats for Conair water planes. ~Vic (Julie)
18. I used to play accordion. ~Scot (Kathy)
19. I have travelled to 21 countries. ~Charlotte
20. I was once the fastest runner of all the girls in my school and competed in the Provincial Games. ~Lovella
Enjoy the weekend...
and these last few days before Christmas!