Love these little shortbread cookie nuggets! Pop one in your mouth and it just melts. You cannot stop at one..I know, I've tried! I've been making them for a number of years for Christmas and they never disappoint.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Whip butter and icing sugar together until creamy.
- Slowly add in the flour, then turn your mixer to the whip setting.
- Whip mixture for 6 to7 minutes scraping sides occasionally. Longer length of whipping time results in lighter shortbread.
- Use a cookie press if you have one, or you can use a small cookie scoop or teaspoon and place cookie dough on parchment lined pans. You may decorate with sprinkles, coconut, or pieces of cherries. I prefer to leave them plain.
- Bake in a 275º oven for 30 minutes.
- They freeze well.