Ring in the New Year with some spice added to your buffet! The main ideas in this recipe come from a Canadian Living magazine. These little boats can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, to put in the oven later. Half a recipe works well for a small group appetizer.
- 10 - 12 large fresh jalapeno peppers
- 150 g boursin cheese ( I used cranberry, pepper)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- good dash of pepper
- 4 Tbsp bread crumbs mixed with 4 Tbsp additional shredded cheese
- Cut peppers in half, lengthwise, right down the center of the stem so that each piece has a stem. Scrape out the seeds.
- Mix cheeses, lemon juice and pepper and spoon into boats, using a tiny spoon.
- Top with crumb and cheese mix and arrange on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for about 30 minutes.