Have you finished your baking for Christmas? These squares are perfect as a delectable holiday treat - or any time you need something special! They are good keepers and freeze well to bring out when needed over the holiday season. They are maybe a bit of extra work .. but are really worth it!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup Julie's Flour mix
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 lg eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 cup mini-marshmallows
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Spread chopped pecans on baking sheet and toast in oven 8 minutes - 350 degree
- Melt butter and the chocolate chips on low heat
- Pour melted butter and chips into mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth
- Pour into 15 x 10 " pan - lined with parchment paper - spread batter evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and spread marshmallows evenly over the top.
- Return to over for about 10 more minutes, until marshallows are melted and turning golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the pecans on top of the marshmallows.
- Drizzle top with caramel sauce
- Pipe melted chocolate criss-cross over top of caramel chips
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
- 3/8 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Melt butter
- Add brown sugar - cook until smooth
- Add cream and vanilla and simmer for 20 minutes. It will thicken as it cools.
Tip - I discovered this by 'accident' but it works really well - a quick way to drizzle is to use a slotted tablespoon. Scoop up a spoonful of caramel sauce and move the spoon over the pan ... it will come out in a nice even stream.
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3-4 tbsp cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pour 2" of water in small sauce pan and bring to boil
- Put chips/cream/butter/vanilla in mug and set in boiling water with a metal jar lid underneath - until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place in piping bag and pipe over squares.