- 3-4 sleeves of graham crackers (my pan is not quite 9x13 and only needs three sleeves, but some comments say they use 4 sleeves of crackers)
- 1 large package of cherry flavored jello (170g)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- 500 ml whip cream (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Boil 2 cups of water and dissolve package of cherry jello, stir well.
- Add 4 cups of ice cubes until it begins to thicken, remove excess ice cubes that will no longer melt.
- Whip the cream until stiff with the icing sugar.
- In a 9x13 pan, dot the bottom of the pan with whipped cream so the first layer of graham wafers stay in place.
- Add a layer of graham wafers covering the bottom of the pan. If the cake pan has rounded edges break the corners to fit better.
- Add half the whipped cream covering the entire surface of the wafers.
- Add another layer of graham wafers.
- Gently pour half of the almost set the jello and spread from corner to corner.
- Add another layer of graham wafers on top of the jello.
- Repeat layers, with the jello on top as shown in the picture.
Let it set in the refrigerator overnight or a minimum of 8 hours.
What an easy festive dessert, it quickly becomes a favorite.