This is a great treat to make when you have no idea what to make for an appetizer. I find I usually have all these ingredients on hand.
A mandoline is the quickest way to slice these potatoes so if you don't have one, and someone is looking for ideas, you might want to add one onto your Christmas wish list. I use mine almost daily.
- 2 pounds petite potatoes (they often come in a package of white, red and blue potatoes)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup ready crisp real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Wash potatoes and thinly slice no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Coat both sides of potatoes with oil and arrange in a single layer on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 F for about half an hour or until potatoes have browned on both sides.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese and bacon bits and return to oven until cheese has melted.
- Garnish each potato slice with sour cream and chopped green onions.