This is a simple "what to do with a few partially frozen chicken breasts" for a wholesome family dinner.
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts (best if partially frozen still)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme for seasoning
- small amount of oil for browning
- 1/2 cup broth or white wine for deglazing
- 1 cup light or heavy cream
- Slice chicken breasts into thin slices and tenderize slightly with a meat hammer.( They do not need to be frozen but it will be easier to slice them.)
- Season and brown both sides. Remove to a plate.
- Add broth or preferred deglazing liquid to pan, stirring to incorporate browned bits, cook for a few minutes, before adding the cream and cutlets back into the pan. Simmer 15 - 20 minutes
- If sauce is too runny, shake up a Tbps of flour with milk or cream and add to thicken.
- Serve with re-fried Spaetzle or noodles and a salad.