While visiting Pike Street Market in Seattle I spotted an interesting mix of meat and cheeses at one of the deli counters. We bought a small bag to snack on and it was so tasty. To serve, place the mix in a large bowl with small tongs or spoon. Along side fill mini bowls with small crackers and pretzels and everyone can add some Trail Mix to their bowls. Paper cupcake liners would make perfect individual serving cups. This mix would make a great game night savoury snack....the guys especially love it.
(Amounts will depend on how many you are serving.)
- one or two kinds of your favourite pepperoni sticks, cut into 1/2"pieces
- beef jerky, cut into small chunks
- 2 hard cheeses, cut into small cubes, I used cheddar and a pepper jack
- Cut up meats and cheeses. Place in bowl and mix.
- Store in a paper lunch bag in the refrigerator. This will keep it from sweating and sticking together. It will last in a paper bag for at least 4-5 days. If you store it in a plastic bag or sealed container it will only last 2-3 days as it will not remain as dry.