Warm fruit crisps are the perfect dessert for cool early winter nights. While I love baking pies, a crisp is a 'quick pie'.
- 6 cups of a combination of peeled and chopped apples and pears
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flour
- Wash, peel and chop fruit.
- Melt together butter and honey. Pour over fruit and stir to coat.
- Stir together cinnamon and flour. Stir into fruit until fruit is coated.
- Place this mixture into a well buttered pie plate.
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Using a pastry blender cut in butter until the size of peas.
- Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake in 375º oven for 35-40 minutes, or until fruit is tender when poked and juices are bubbling, and crumble is golden crisp.