In Canada we call today
and it is a day to remember with thankfulness the freedom we enjoy
May we never take it for granted!
I have used the same gf pie pastry recipe for years and it is good but since I have been reworking my recipes to use my Julie's Flour Blend I came up with this pastry recipe. The dough handles very well and the pastry is light, flaky with good flavour.
My photos show a cherry pie and I also used the same pastry for Judy's quiche-tarts ... very good !
So here is an alternate pastry recipe if you want/need one!
- 11/2 cups Julie's Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- !/2 cup tenderflake lard
- 1 egg + ice water to make 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp vinegar
- sweet rice flour for rolling
1. Mix dry ingredients together, then cut in lard and butter
2. Blend egg and ice-water and vinegar
3. Add liquid to dry ingredients and toss lightly until ball forms.
4. Knead lightly on counter dusted with sweet rice flour.
5. Roll out as required.