The quantity depends totally on how many you want to make, just adjust the amounts of filling accordingly. I will give you the ingredient list I used. I made the entire package of rice rolls for a larger gathering but you certainly can make it in smaller amounts as well.
- 1 package of rice roll wraps found on the shelf in the asian section of your grocery store. They come in two sizes, but I prefer the large ones, it is easier to work with
- bowl of water for dipping the rice wraps
- shredded chicken or cooked shrimp (optional)
- cucumbers, julienned
- carrots, julienned
- red peppers, julienned
- Rice Vermicelli, cooked
- green onion, cut diagonally in 1/4"-1/2" slices
- bean sprouts
- cilantro leaves or parsley
- Dip the dry rice wraps into water for a few seconds to soften
- Lay on a large plate.
- Fill with small amounts of filling.
4. Tuck in two sides and roll the opposite sides together.
5. Try to roll them tighter than in this picture. It holds together better.
Serve with the following dipping sauce.
Gluten Free Dipping Sauce-
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soya sauce (in Canada VH brand)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon asian garlic chili paste called sriracha (1/2 teaspoon chili flakes work fine if you don't have sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water or lite coconut milk
Peanut Dipping Sauce 2, NOT gluten free :
From the Thai Pizza posted earlier
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (regular is fine too)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (asian garlic chili sauce) or chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons water