- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups sugar (less is fine too)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream* optional
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter to make coarse crumbs with a pastry blender or with you hands. Press into a 9x13 in baking pan.
- Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
- Combine eggs, sugar, cream, flour, salt and mix well until there are no lumps. Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into baked crust (add the optional crumb topping if you choose to use it) and bake @ 350 for 45-55 minutes or until filling is set ad edges start to brown a bit.
Crumb Topping (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-2 tablespoons cream (not whipped)
- Combine the flour, cream, sugar and butter.
- With a pastry cutter or with your hands form coarse crumbs and sprinkle evenly over top of the Rhubarb.
- Bake as suggested in above directions.
*The original recipe did not have cream in it and can be made without and is still good. I added the cream after this recipe was originally posted and I like the results of that too as I was experimenting to make the recipe for Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars.