Peach season means peach pie of any kind. I like them all! The cream cheese layer in this pie gives it a nice tart flavor. This pie doesn't take long to make especially if you use a store bought crust:)
You will need a total of 8 medium sized peaches for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup peaches, pureed (you will need 2 medium sized peaches for this)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of large lemon)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (half of an 8 oz block)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 8" baked pie shell..make your own or buy a ready made crust.
- In blender puree two peaches that have been peeled, pitted and cut up. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan whisk together sugar and cornstarch till well blended. Add puree, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring to boil and cook till thickened. Once it boils it will thicken quickly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat together cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Spread on baked and cooled pie shell.
- Fold peaches into cooled sauce and spoon over layer of cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate until thickened. Serve plain or with whipped cream.
- Serves 8 to 10.